$107,538.17 - $130,713.31 Annually
03/15/2021 05:00 PM PDT
THE CITY OF VALLEJO
The City of Vallejo is located in Solano County and has a population of approximately 121,000 residents. Vallejo is a rapidly changing, highly diverse community located midway between the cities of San Francisco and Sacramento. It is a friendly, active waterfront community that attracts innovative, hardworking people and takes great pride in its 148-year history and maritime heritage. Residents of Vallejo are situated to take advantage of the best of what the area has to offer. Golf, museums, performing arts, boutique shopping, brewpubs and a wide selection of restaurants are all available in Vallejo. Residents and visitors alike enjoy Vallejo’s delightful historical downtown area, weekly downtown farmer’s market, and beautifully restored Victorian homes and business facades. Vallejo is also home to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, one of America’s only combination wildlife, oceanarium and theme parks.
The Economic Development Division works directly under the City Manager, and is supported by a team of employees that work closely with Planning and Development Services, Building, Housing and Public Works to ensure a seamless and successful experience for stakeholders who invest in the City. The Economic Development Division supports economic growth in Vallejo. The Division's services include new business recruitment, technical assistance for existing Vallejo businesses, business retention, site selection assistance for new and existing businesses, asset management of City-owned property, and Mare Island conversion. The primary goals of the division are to increase the tax base and employment opportunities in Vallejo.
This recruitment is being conducted to fill one full-time vacancy. The list established by this recruitment may be used to fill future full-time, part-time, limited term, and temporary vacancies for up to one year.
The Economic Development Division is seeking a dynamic candidate to play an important role in managing elements of the City's economic development efforts, including programs and projects designed to expand the local economy, promote community vitality and expedite quality development and redevelopment in the City. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, creative problem solvers, experienced project managers who are versatile in all aspects of Economic Development, and can manage multiple projects within tight timeframes.
The most successful candidates will have a minimum of four years of increasingly responsible project management experience in Economic Development or Planning and a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning, or related field. While not required, senior-level experience with larger Economic Development and/or Planning projects and a project management certificate are highly desirable.
This classification is designated as an “at will” classification.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General direction is provided by senior management.
May provide direct and indirect supervision to professional, technical and clerical staff, as well as contractors.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Recruitment & Selection Process
1. Applications are due by 5:00 P.M. on Monday, March 15, 2021. Applicants must submit a completed City of Vallejo online application, including all responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire (Resume/Cover Letter Optional), by the posted deadline in order to be considered.
2. Applications will be screened for overall qualifications the week of March 15, 2021.
3. Applicants who are found to be the best qualified may have their supplemental responses scored by subject matter experts. Candidates who are deemed to be the best qualified will be invited to take part in an assessment process which may consist of written, online, oral, or performance exercises. Candidates invited to the assessment process will be notified by email of the date, time, and location of the assessment.
4. Candidates who are successful in the assessment process will be placed on the Register of Eligibles (eligible list). Candidates will then be referred at the Department’s discretion. The Department will conduct all final interviews and make the final candidate selection for this position.
555 Santa Clara St
Vallejo, CA 94589