$168,355.00 - $217,510.00 Annually
No Application Deadline
The Fire Chief is appointed by and reports directly to the City Manager. The Chief is responsible for leading the Santa Rosa Fire Department and ensuring “best in class” prevention and emergency response services and public education programs for the community. It is essential that the Fire Chief build collaborative and respectful relationships and provide high quality services that promote best practices; supply the department with adequate resources and professional training. The Chief will also set the tone for the department by promoting a well-trained, customer-centered approach that is also responsive, technologically advanced, inclusive, and reflects the mission and core values of the Santa Rosa Fire Department. The Fire Chief is a key member of the City’s Executive Team and performs highly technical, administrative, supervisory work centered around fire prevention, suppression, and emergency medical services. Tasks may also include administrative duties such as formulating the Department’s budget and providing periodic reports to the City Manager regarding Department activities. The Chief will enhance the City’s comprehensive Disaster Preparedness Programs to upgrade resources in the Emergency Operations Center and will ensure City-wide EOC training is provided to employees. This position is a Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt position and is not eligible for overtime.
• Enhance SRFD’s training and staff development programs through coaching and mentoring of newly hired personnel. Build a succession plan that ensures a well-trained, highly efficient team that demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, teamwork, and service excellence.
• Establish a department-wide equity and inclusion action plan that includes strong internal equity policies, initiatives and programs while incorporating a robust equity program that addresses resource allocations and service delivery models that are consistent with Santa Rosa’s commitment to race and equity.
• Establish an outreach recruitment and retention plan that attracts and retains diverse and qualified talent for the department.
• Conduct an organizational assessment including a SWOT analysis and community needs assessment/ survey that includes an evaluation of apparatus, vehicles, equipment, and stations/facilities and make corresponding recommendations for funding to ensure adequate resources to support the public safety needs of the community.
• Identify new revenue sources and establish a SRFD FiveYear Revenue Projection Plan.
• Conduct an analysis and create a plan to enhance Wildlife incident response.
• Strengthen SRFD’s fire prevention and EMS programs.
• Examine, update and codify SRFD’s Policies and Procedures to ensure consistent application, including the implementation of safety initiatives and wellness policies; administration of programs and procedures to address firefighter wellness; minimize and prevent work related injuries; and promote a healthy work environment.
The Fire Chief must be a dynamic, external facing leader, with a demonstrated ability to be fully engaged and accessible to both employees and the community at large. Candidates must have a proven track record, building collaborative relationships within the community, City Council, City management, SRFD staff, labor unions and other critical stakeholders. The successful candidate must have the ability to shape and mentor a growing department, mixed with newly appointed firefighters and seasoned command staff; to take SRFD to the next level. The selected candidate must be a working Chief who is able to be an effective communicator and a good listener; who also possesses strong administrative, managerial, employee relations, strategic planning and budget management skills. It is critical for the candidate to have command and/or operational experience in all aspects of EMS, fire suppression, and prevention. The successful candidate must be politically savvy, approachable, inclusive, team-oriented and possess personal integrity and honesty, while being committed to developing a first-class organization. Finally, the City of Santa Rosa seeks a Chief that will build trust, respect and credibility in the department and in the community; with a focus on encouraging diversity, engagement and inclusion.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter of interest, outlining the background and experience that makes you the ideal candidate for the City of Santa Rosa Fire Chief. Please submit your application materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2020. Resumes received by December 11, 2020 will receive first consideration.
The position is open until filled.
|CLICK ON APPLY LINK TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY.|
No location specified