$6,565.00 - $7,980.00 Monthly
No Application Deadline
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Position(s) will be located at the San Francisco Behavioral Health Center (SFBHC) formerly known as the Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (MHRF). The SFBHC is a 24/7/365 operation that has three distinct programs that provide subacute and long-term mental health services to the severely and persistently mentally ill population of the City and County of San Francisco. The SFBHC programs include an Adult Residential Facility (ARF), a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE) and a Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC). This class is a first line supervisor responsible for providing leadership on clinical standards for Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers, Licensed Vocational Nurses and Licensed Psychiatric Technicians.
Under general supervision, the 2314 supervises employees performing a variety of patient care duties involving management and care of mentally ill patients; personally performs difficult and responsible patient care duties; and performs related duties as required.
SHIFT WORK REQUIREMENT: The San Francisco Behavioral Health Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and requires flexibility to work various 8-hour shifts, weekends and holidays as coverage need dictates.
1. Supervises a variety of patient care duties involving management and care of mentally ill clients;
2. Assists in evaluation of staff and program needs;
3. Participates in establishing clinical standards; inputs on unit issues;
4. Makes shift assignment and evaluates quality and completeness of work;
5. Provides direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care;
6. Identifies, monitors, observes, records and reports client’s physical and psychological condition and behavior;
7. Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with clients and those persons significant to them;
8. Assists clinicians in the implementation of therapeutic and diagnostic treatment and procedures;
9. Administers medications using appropriate interventions;
10. Observes, notes, and reports the effects and side effects of medications;
11. Conducts in-service training programs;
12. Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment planning; and,
13. Obtains and transports laboratory specimens.
The 2314 Behavioral Health Team Leader performs other duties as assigned.
1. EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years (equivalent to 4,000 hours) of experience as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician or a Licensed Vocational Nurse providing psychiatric nursing care in a skilled facility or psychiatric acute care setting or related mental health setting; AND
2. LICENSE: Possession of a valid permanent or temporary (including an interim permit) California Licensed Vocational Nurse License or Licensed Psychiatric Technician License.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
One year of full-time employment is equivalent to 2,000 hours (2,000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40-hour work week). Any overtime hours that you work above 40 hours per week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time employment.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
· At least six months of verifiable full-time equivalent work experience as a health care provider treating patients with Co-Occurring Disorders with Substance Abuse
· At least one year of verifiable full-time equivalent work experience as a team lead, supervisor, or subject matter expert consultant, including development of care plans, service plans, and/or treatment plans
· At least six months of verifiable full-time experience treating patients who have psychotic disorders (schizophrenia, schizo-affective disorder, bipolar disorder with psychotic features, etc.)
· Possession of a Residential Care for the Elderly (RCFE) Administrator Certification and/or Adult Residential Facility (ARF) Administrator Certification
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
In line with the Official Public Health Order to slow the spread of COVID-19, “shelter-in-place” has been issued for all San Francisco residents that is expected to be in effect until further notice. As a result, Department of Human Resources (DHR)’s office (located at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103) is currently closed to the general public. If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Human Resources Analyst listed on this announcement.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
CLICK ON APPLY LINK TO LEARN MORE.
One South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103