City of Sacramento , California
$62,701.79 - $88,595.99 Annually
04/26/2021 11:59 PM PDT
To conduct field inspections, investigations, and audits to assure compliance with appropriate codes, policies, laws, and regulations pertaining to an approved cross connection control/backflow prevention program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General direction is provided by the Cross Connection Control Specialist or higher level supervisory or management position. Responsibilities may include direct and indirect supervision of lower-level personnel.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform related duties as needed:
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline;
2. Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail)– Human Resources will evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications stated on the job announcement.
3. Training and Experience Test: (Weighted 100%) – The Supplemental Questionnaire located at the end of the application is the Training and Experience Exam. Only the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will become candidates and their supplemental questionnaire will be rated and scored. This exam will evaluate the relevance, level, and progression of a candidate's education, training and experience. Therefore, your responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough and complete because the exam score will determine your ranking on the eligible list for this job. When completing the supplemental questionnaire, please note:
4. Eligibility: Candidates who pass the Training and Experience Test will be placed on the eligible list. The hiring department may contact candidates for interview at any time during the life of the one-year list.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan/fingerprinting. If applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
915 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814