Parks, Trails & Recreation
$13.00 - $15.00 Hourly
05/27/2021 11:59 PM PDT
Title: Recreation Leader I/II
Definition: Assists in organizing and conducting recreation activities for Lafayette Recreation's care programs.
Location: Lafayette Community Center, 500 St. Mary’s Rd., Lafayette
Dates: August 11th, 2020 to May 27th, 2021; Year-round options available
Hours: 0 – 30 hours / week
Shifts: Shifts available each day. Various shifts available. Sifts will fall between 8am-6pm and have some flexibility based on staff availability
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor and Assistant Recreation Coordinator
Program: Lafayette Recreation is developing a 5-Day a week care program for elementary age children. This hiring is for the 2020-2021 school year which runs August 11th, 2020 to May 27th, 2021. Leaders will engage children in games, sports, arts & crafts, hikes, free play, and other various activities.
Additional year round opportunities for the following programs:
School Break & Summer Camp Awesome, Lafayette Youth Commission Events, After School Awesome & Building Attendant
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision and direction of the Recreation Supervisor and Assistant Recreation Coordinator, Recreation Leaders will learn to:
• Lead, teach, demonstrate, officiate activities such as group games, sports, and arts & crafts
• Assist with daily operations, including developing, promoting and implementing programs
• Set up all necessary equipment
• Perform facility clean up
• Supervise and interact with participants and parents
• Supervise, model and monitor compliance with safety and sport / game / facility rules
• Assist in maintaining attendance and activity records
• Assist monitoring and maintaining equipment and supplies
• Issue equipment and supplies and collect for storage
• Provide information and direction on activities
• Provide encouragement, feedback and counseling regarding participation
• Participate in staff meetings and training sessions
• Make recommendations on program activities
Qualifications: Ability to: lead participants, communicate activity objectives and rules clearly and effectively; provide information and direction to a wide variety of age groups; conduct games and activities following established rules, guidelines and time limits; learn, retain and use safety rules and regulations; provide verbal and summarized written feedback on activities; lift at least 25 lbs. Reliable transportation to get to shifts and/or around the City.
Training: Employees must be trained in first aid (Opportunities provided through employment). Training in daily operations provided.
Compensation: $13.00 to $15.00/hr. DOE.
Recreation Leader I/II is part of the Recreation Leader Ladder. Employees’ work will be reviewed annually and compensation will be adjusted based on performance reviews. Continued acceptable performance reviews may make Level I Leaders eligible for the Recreation Leader II position. Depending on Experience (DOE), employees may start at Recreation Leader II upon hire.
Part time seasonal employees may be reclassified based on responsibilities and seasonal programs. Recreation Leaders may have different pay rates/classifications for specific programs.
Application Procedure: Apply at www.lovelafayette.org/jobs
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK ON APPLY LINK TO LEARN MORE.
500 St. Mary's Rd.
Lafayette, CA 94549