The City of Capitola is currently recruiting for the position of
$2,905 to $3,529 Per Month
Three-Quarter Time Position
30 hours per week
The above salaries include a 6% salary concession due to COVID-19 budget reductions.
Salary concession will be in place through at least December 26, 2020.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 19, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
The Account Clerk is a para-professional, clerical accounting position which performs accounting and finance-related clerical and administrative functions in support of City accounts receivable, accounts payable, business licensing, transient occupancy tax, and other accounting and bookkeeping activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes, issues, tracks, and answers questions from the public relating to business licenses.
- Accepts, verifies, summarizes, tracks, balances, and records cash receipts; prepares and balances bank deposits; issues cash receipts; in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares, records, and tracks City billings for services, rents, transient occupancy tax, and other accounts receivable; answers inquiries from the public and City staff concerning the City’s accounts receivable records.
- Accepts, verifies, codes, and records vendor invoices into City’s financial database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verifies that invoices submitted for payment are in compliance with the City’s purchasing policy.
- Answers telephone and greets public, prepares reports and correspondence; performs other finance-related clerical duties as directed.
- Answers inquiries from the public, vendors, payees, City staff and others about the account payable procedures.
- Reconciles the City’s bank statements, including LAIF accounts.
CLICK ON APPLY LINK TO LEARN MORE.